Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jeans Collection - Help Please With Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 255Next Topic  

United Kingdom
12 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  02:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add skookumdrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, My mother in law, Jean has left my wife some coins. Could someone please have a look at this penny and give me an idea of a grade? Thank you.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
473 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  04:02 am  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Difficult to be too sure as the images are a little blurry. I would suggest Good Very Fine - GVF on the British grading system. The US Sheldon scale usually comes out higher but I will let the US collectors give their vote. The detail on the hair for these coins is always a little weak but this is down to a weak strike rather than wear.
It is not at all a scarce coin in this condition and I would expect to make no more than a pound or two on Ebay. (There is a scarce variety of 1911 pennies but yours is not it.)

Pillar of the Community
Canada
711 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-45 Sheldon scale imo
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51384 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-45 sounds right.

to the CCF!
United Kingdom
12 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skookumdrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your comments.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1498 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good VF, not bad overall.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 255Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05