Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Bank Pick Up Love When They Call Me

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 643Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1826 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  3:12 pm Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
one of the banks called me today said they had some old bills for me this is what they had, I also asked if they had the new toonie,,,,i also grabbed $45 in pennies
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Learn More...
United States
90125 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3142 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You lucky dog, Scott. You get around much more than I do .... and we live in the same town!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5381 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find , I can't get my bank to do any thing.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1826 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can't get my bank to do any thing

try other banks I goto just about all the banks here, I find alot of tellers dont really know what they have so they ususally say no but if you ask the right person you score. its usually the one in charge of coin. once you find something leave your number and come back once in a while and follow up eventually they will call or you find more stuff
alot of banks love giving out their pennies so they dont have the hassle of shipping them out
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5381 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do visit all branch's and not one of them will let me buy the cents. I have 2 banks that do put some of the none circulating coins to the side.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1826 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another bank called me yesterday said they have some old bills this is what I grabbed
Canada
11 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DannysCoinsYEG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would advise caution when buying old notes that are circulated or just face value. A fair amount of banks are not taking them out here and come Jan 01/21, they will no longer be obligated to accept $1,2,25,500 & $1000 notes at face value with a few exceptions of curtesy to clients etc.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1064 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  05:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will happily buy any $25, $500 at face value ;-)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3054 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  06:46 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A fair amount of banks are not taking them out here and come Jan 01/21, they will no longer be obligated to accept $1,2,25,500 & $1000 notes at face value

This is not true, while they will be removing the legal tender status, that just means you can't spend them at business's..
You will still be able to redeem them at any bank..

https://www.bankofcanada.ca/banknot...-bank-notes/
Canada
11 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DannysCoinsYEG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silverwolf

That's what they say. If you actually read the fine print and terms/conditions on the claim forms, it states that it is basically the chartered banks decision if they would like to redeem the notes on behalf of their clients and reimburse them on the spot. Secondly, it says that any amount over $1000 per household will be reported to FINTRAC and the CRA etc. Also it says that the BOC may refuse any claim without reason and withhold the notes. It is scary that they did not mention these terms more clearly. In addition as I stated before, some banks right now in town are refusing to take old notes as well as the $20 for $20 coin series as well as any old post 1968 nickel dollars and halves. I have even spoken to multiple branch managers and even in one case spoke with a regional representative and I was basically told the same thing on all those levels and that they don't have to accept anyhting and if they do, it is a service/curtesy for their clients.
Canada
11 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DannysCoinsYEG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even with $1000 notes I have a hard time finding a bank willing to accept them and struggle getting rid of them at face value.
Learn More...
United States
90125 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
another bank called me yesterday said they have some old bills this is what I grabbed
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1575 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice little treasure trove for you gidjit good luck on your discoveries my fingers are crossed for you and hope you find a special note.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 643Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05