Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pretty Nice Bicentennial Quarter Found It In My Pocket

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 467Next Topic  

United States
38 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  12:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jesseray to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Bicentennial quarter I got it in my pocket change today
It's in pretty good shape wanted to show it off

United States
38 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jesseray to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know why them images keep turning sideways I don't know how to fix it
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11070 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  02:08 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a fun find. I always keep those when I come across them in change.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51265 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can preview the position of your pics before uploading them.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Bicentennial quarter I got it in my pocket change today
Looking good at 44 years old!

Quote:
I don't know why them images keep turning sideways I don't know how to fix it
One way is to take the photo in landscape mode (horizontal) and not portrait (vertical).

Another way is to use the Free Image Optimizer to crop the image square.
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsInVT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's one of my guilty pleasure coins. Really not worth anything, but I always hang on to them anyway. A habit I picked up as a kid, I guess.
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Riellyscions to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty good, some better pictures would be nice. I keep all bicentennial quarters I find also, I was 14 at the time and just like the way they looked. To bad they didn't make bicentennial nickels and penny's.
Edited by Riellyscions
09/17/2020 3:53 pm
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A habit I picked up as a kid, I guess.
Guilty.

Although I have gotten a little better at releasing them into the wild after a brief stay in my possession.
Pillar of the Community
United States
839 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always nice to find these in change. Even though they had a high mintage, like the others above, I hoard them as they appear. Thanks for sharing!
ANA member
PAN Member

there's no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Edited by Ballyhoo
09/17/2020 6:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4054 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  04:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found 20 solid rolls of Bicentennials in AU recently, searched them for silver (zero), set them on C'list for best offer over face. Not one bite. Dumped 'em thru the counter.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Edited by fistfulladirt
09/18/2020 04:37 am
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found 20 solid rolls of Bicentennials in AU recently

Quote:
searched them for silver (zero),

Quote:
set them on C'list for best offer over face.

Quote:
Not one bite. Dumped 'em thru the counter.
Valued Member
United States
135 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add collectorplay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks pretty good, I'd have kept it too. Reminds me of when I was in Jr High school and they first came out. Something different and unique minted only in 1976, and you don't see them in circulation as much as used to, like wheat pennies. About 6 months before my grandfather passed away he gave me his humble coin collection that included a mint roll of Bicentennial Quarters, so therein lies the nostalgia for me....
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 467Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05