Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 D/D Lg Date Anyone Know FS And Value?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 291Next Topic  
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  06:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add J_L_CAC to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm very curious about what the fs number is and the value of this coin. I know there is over a hundred varieties in the 1960 large date RPMs. Can anyone help?
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grelko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That RPM is a pain to track down. I still don't know which one mine is.

Yours looks like it might be the 1960D-1MM-007 over at Varietyvista. Check the die markers to see if it's a match.

Edit - Coppercoins not varietyvista
Edited by Grelko
09/20/2020 08:55 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
J_L_CAC to the CCF!

When taking pictures, it is best to take them directly above the area of concern. Do NOT take them at an angle it makes it harder to see what is going on.

Looks like an excellent RPM.

congrats
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add J_L_CAC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol I had such a hard time getting that picture to come through that I was just grateful to get it clear enough to possibly get it identified. I was using a Jeweler's loop and my cell phone to take the picture. I will be purchasing a scope to get these clear for any future questions and I appreciate your suggestion thank you very much
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add J_L_CAC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Grelko, I will compare it to that example and hopefully I will come out with it crossing my fingers
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grelko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is actually over at Coppercoins.com not Varietyvista, my mistake.

Edit - It also looks like the 007 (Stage B or C) over at Varietyvista, besides possibly being the 007 at coppercoins.
Edited by Grelko
09/20/2020 09:01 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1272 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@J_L_CAC I know the struggle... I remember trying to post coin photos before getting a USB scope and better phone. Was an absolute pain. Your coin appears to be either 1MM-003 or 1MM-005 on coppercoins (correspond to RPM-003/005 respectively on variety vista, but VV has later die state photos where the back of the second D has been almost completely effaced).
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
Learn More...
United States
91109 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 291Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05