Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello I'm A Fairly New Collector And New Here So...hi!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 205Next Topic  
United States
0 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  10:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kacer89 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello its good to find a forum as I'm basically a noob at numismatics lol. I always had a habit of saving "old" coins, which to me was anything further back from the 70s lol. My dad took this as me being a "collector" and when he saw 2 incomplete Lincoln Memorial penny books and bought them for me. Though, the man doesn't think there are any rare ones it has fired me up to try and complete the set.

So now I've been pouring over all the pennies I can get my hands on lol.

This has recently led me down a wonderful rabbit hole of information,but some of what I've been researching has lead me to question some of the coins I have, and wonder if I might have some rare coins or odd errors.

I just want to apologize here for any future "stupid" questions. As I said I'm new to the actual world of coin collecting but I'm willing to learn. So, I hope me being here can, not only, help.me learn, but help others too.

Sorry this post is so long, I'm just excited to learn more about what I have learned is an intriguing and exciting hobby.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4412 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to ccf

I love the lengthy post as your excitement shines through
Member: ANA and NTCA
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's The spirit . I still get giddy over coins after 45 years of collecting too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1266 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  03:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum!
Learn More...
United States
90906 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3431 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Kacer89!
In my opinion there are three steps to becoming a coin collector.

1) Casual Accumulation
"I always had a habit of saving "old" coins"

2) Education
"This has recently led me down a wonderful rabbit hole of information"

3) Organization
"I've been pouring over all the pennies I can get my hands on"
Here you need to do some homework. By 'pouring over' pennies you show organization by type and denomination. What do you do with any other 'old' coins you my have? You will learn in time and the CCF is the place to learn.

You are off on a great journey!
Brother, can you spare a "BARBER" dime?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3698 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

You could assemble a decent set of Memorial cents from roll hunting. Unfortunately, the habit can only escalate from there!

Memorial cents are the "gateway drug" in US numismatics.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5068 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16109 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2020  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 205Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05