Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Save NIFC Kennedy Halves?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 221Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  8:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys,
quick question here.
Was just wondering if the majority of half dollar hunters here hang onto all the NIFC's they come across, and how worth it it is to do this? I'm getting back into roll hunting now that some of my local banks have halves again and willing to sell more than one roll per customer (I believe they are still doing this with other denominations because of an apparent coin shortage?)

So I decided to pick up $100 in halves this afternoon, and just in that small amount I found 24 NIFC's. So, I haven't even searched enough to know if this is a pretty routine amount to find, but if it IS, then I can see this eating up a lot of my cash if I pull out and save every one I find.

Anyways, just wanted to get your thoughts on
1) is 24/200 a pretty standard ratio?
and 2) do you guys save all of the ones you find?

thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4050 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saved the best of each year, in seven years worth of hunting. Dumped the rest. Ebay sales aren't worth my time when it's only nickel and dime profits.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
1775 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is 24/200 a pretty standard ratio? No, not in my experience--more like 1 in 300.

I keep the very best and recycle the remaining. I'm not interested in fussing over value--only speaking for me.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 221Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05