Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1955 S Int Die Break And A Case Of The Dolia?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 355Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  1:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KeepTheChange to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1955s with a sizable interior die break in the date. And uhmm...i may have a case of Pareidolia this morning but I see a 5 in the highlighted area on his head.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1116 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a case of the dolia IMO.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Isn't that what they call a die chip ? I'm sure of it . As far as the so called "5", I have no comment.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
944 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see the 5
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grelko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I see the 5

I don't know how it would be possible, But I see the 5 also.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36023 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the in the date is a die chip. On his head is a RIDB. What is by his nose?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KeepTheChange to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
on his nose is cat hair......the 5 tho john...the 5!! lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
3545 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So was the cat an employee at the mint?... And you think he scratched a 5 into the die... I'm confused
Pillar of the Community
United States
649 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you say you got up to early this morning?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36023 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can "imagine" it looking like a 5,but I think it would be larger than the 5 in the date.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1672 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree it is a die chip and Pareidolia. Just the way the linear chip and the curls happen to be situated.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 355Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05