Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,246 / Views: 111,348Next Topic
Page: of 150
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LowLife to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received my 3x San Fran and 3x Denver Morgans today... very happy with the 3x San Frans, probably all 69 or 70. As for Denver, there are two that have similar marks on reverse... they are shavings barely attached to rim still... not sure what process creates this? These are dangling pieces barely connected on the rim still. I'm assuming this would count as damage to the coin?

Sorry abt image quality... using my iPhone.

Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had seen another coin with a similar damage. Maybe it will be a new VAM
Pillar of the Community
United States
622 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BamaBlue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow... Mail came today and my order for cc and o Morgan's showed up. My account still shows "processing" and my credit card hasn't been charged yet. Nice surprise, but very strange... another nice surprise was quality. Both were flawless.
Edited by BamaBlue
10/27/2021 2:29 pm
Learn More...
United States
108364 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
jbuck, I sent you a PM, A couple of days ago, Maybe not received ? Received ?
I have not seen it. I just looked in the spam folder, nothing.

Quote:
The roller coaster ride isn't over til the coins are in safely in your hands.
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is very interesting BamaBlue
Valued Member
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add truman1404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my Philadelphia Morgan's and my Peace dollars today. Based on other comments I thought they were going to look much worse.

Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have in the last day received my O, CC, D & S. They are all very nice. I need to take a closer look tonight, but it seems to me the D have a different finish. I would call them closer to uncirculated than burnished like the others. First impression I like the D the best.

Anyone else notice this?
Learn More...
United States
108364 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got my Philadelphia Morgan's and my Peace dollars today. Based on other comments I thought they were going to look much worse.
Looking good!
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In the historical since of the O mint the coins should have poor strikes , die cracks and clash marks , some with letter transfer .

I thought the same thing when I looked at my "O" Where are the cracks?
Learn More...
United States
108364 Posts
Learn More...
United States
108364 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just received this email from the US Mint, "An update on your order USM10xxxxxx"
Quote:
Thank you for your interest in our Morgan Peace campaign! Our teams are working now to fulfill all orders, and you will receive a ship confirmation email when your order has shipped.

Fulfillment for this campaign is scheduled through November 1, so please give our teams time to complete the fulfillment process before contacting our contact center. If there is an issue with your order, you will receive a communication via email so we can work with you to fulfill your order.

Thank you again for being a loyal U.S. Mint Customer!
My heart stopped when I got the email notification with that subject line, fearing a problem with my Peace dollar order!
Valued Member
United States
329 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LowLife, darn, rim shavings, never seen that before. Wonder if you should or shouldn't carefully try to remove it?

jbuck, the email seems to say all orders should be done processing by Nov. 2
Edited by livingwater
10/27/2021 4:35 pm
Learn More...
United States
108364 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
jbuck, the email seems to say all orders should be done processing by Nov. 2
That is how I read it, that at least all the shipment emails will be sent by then. Still, the trucks might not get loaded for another week after that.
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add phillyprod to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silly question... but what's the best way to open the AirTite to get some of the fuzz out?

I feel like every time I try to open one, I end up breaking it or it won't close fully again...
Learn More...
United States
108364 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually just run a fingernail around the seam. Might take a few rotations, but it will eventually open. Please do it over a towel or some other soft surface in case the coin gets jumpy.
Page: of 150 Previous TopicReplies: 2,246 / Views: 111,348Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: