Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible Finish Error 2020 Matte Proof 25c

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 285Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
221 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  12:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Quatchi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone noticed any finish inconsistencies with the Matte Proof 25 Cent coin in the 2020 Numis-tastic set?

I have two of these sets. I removed the coins from one of the sets for my collection, and then noticed that the Reverse of the Matte Proof 25 cent looked different in the unopened set. The coin in the unopened set appears to have the entire reverse frosted, as opposed to the one I removed.
Note: I thought at first it could be just the packaging, but the obverse of the coin in the holder shows good contrast between the fields and the relief, so ?

Edited by Quatchi
09/26/2020 1:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1080 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it only on the reverse, or both sides?

There was a specimen dime a few years back, that had different finishes on each side. I would assume some value to it.

If both sides have same finish, then probably wrong coin in the package.
Valued Member
Canada
63 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cool can you provide pictures of both side ?
Edited by Castor sous
09/26/2020 7:36 pm
Valued Member
Canada
221 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Quatchi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@purelywasted
I don't think it's the wrong coin, as the obverses of both coins are identical and show good contrast between the fields and the relief (photos below).

@Castor sous
Since I'm seeing the proper contrast on the obverses with the coin still in the packaging, I'm doubting it's the packaging... unless of course they used different plastic on the obverse and reverse side. I don't really want to take the coin out of the holder... I am just wondering what everyone else's 25 Cent Matte Proof reverses look like.

Edited by Quatchi
09/26/2020 7:54 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 285Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05