Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ring Around The Inside Of A JFK Half Dollar? Why? What Is It? Anyone Know?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 485Next Topic  
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  11:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add EzRider to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello coin nerds. I am a recent coin nerd, about 2 years in and I am addicted. This is my first post and hope I am posting it correctly.

I have a few JFK's random years that have a perfect circle imprinted in the half dollar. I can't think of any other way of describing it, and can't find any answers. I figure Someone here is Coin Nerdier than me that know's what this is. I will try to post a pic when I can. Until then, does anyone know what I mean? It seems to be a PERFECT ring/circle all around the face of the coin. The circle is almost right under the Word Liberty and goes perfectly all the way around as a full circle? Thanks in advance for any help.
Ez
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where's the Pictures dude > lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
1155 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Best to post pictures for us to assist. Sounds like a wheelmark, damage done from a coin roll wrapping machine.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ohh nice !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36107 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  05:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Like this?,4th post down http://goccf.com/t/363029
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4059 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  06:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without seeing the coin, it sounds familiar. I agree with Ty2020b.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
1187 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
haven seen the coin, but going to already agee with the likeliness of it being a coin Wrapping Machine Damage and the coin was on the end of the roll.

when they crimp the ends of a roll there's a piece of metal that does that and it gouges a circle on the end coin of a roll. it doesn't always happen, but it happens enoguh and on all denominations, its considered post minting damage and its a damaged coin.
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta agree with you guys.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51345 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics would really help!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1808 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crop circle(s).
Learn More...
United States
91114 Posts
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2020  04:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EzRider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, without the pics. sounds like legit answers. I got busy and couldn't up load pics. going to try to ASAP. Thank you for all the WARM WELCOMES and guesses w/o pics. I didn't think anyone was going to reply that fast. Thank you so much and look forward to chatting with you all more about this darn addicting hobby I've been sucked into. lol
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19688 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

As noted we need photos.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2020  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We don't need pictures. Yes, we're that good!
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 485Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05