Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1932-D Cleaned?! Value?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 407Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
55 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  11:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, its me again with another 1932-D quarter question. Found this quarter on eBay but it looks pretty harshly cleaned. I was wondering what everyone thought its value is?! Thank you ahead of time.

Recently found myself in another tight situation with funds so I really need to consider this.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4902 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grade it (I'd say G-VG), look up its catalog value and divide that by 2.
The hope you could get that much.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1082 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd call it G-04/06 Details. I'm guessing this is probably listed higher than it should be on eBay. I personally would hold out for an example not covered in hairlines, for not much more. If I had to put a price.... $30-$40
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the responses!

@Kanga I never thought about it that way and doing so puts it at what the price is! I will use that from now on.

@Ty Your price was eBay's price!! Hit the nail right on the head.

With that being said, I will pass this baby up for the very same reasons! Funds are low anyway >:(
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I personally think the D looks a little funny anyways.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19653 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If cheap enough and you need it for a collection, why not.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14155 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Harshly cleaned . Wait till your funds are in better shape , then look for one that is not a details coin .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51139 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree cleaned, G-VG, and think the MM looks normal for the date.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1082 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mintmark looks correct.

Quote:
I personally think the D looks a little funny anyways.

@SS66, just curious, what looks off to you on this MM?
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys, wasn't sure about the dark area around the MM .
Learn More...
United States
90830 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It happens when a coin is cleaned. That area is difficult to rub.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3601 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Lord no! I have no problems with getting a coin that has supposedly been cleaned but its not painfully obvious. This looks like someone took 200 grit sandpaper to it. I understand fundage issues, but pass on this one dude.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2020  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the responses! Completely agree with all! Especially the sandpaper comment LOL. I passed ;D
Valued Member
United States
191 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2020  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are tight on funds, I would always tell anyone that 100% you don't need it, no matter what the coin or other luxury item was. To steal a phrase, people first, money second, things last. I don't say that to discourage you, but I seem to remember you saying you are a college student. I promise there is no rush and there will still be coins available later.
So...I'll just go ahead and ask. I recall you posting about two other 1932-D quarters you purchased. Why so focused on buying G-VG key date coins when you are in college and short on funds? I'm getting older now, but I seem to recall being particularly focused on finding booze and women at that time in my life.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 407Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05