Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1955 Lincoln Cent Possible DDO!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 240Next Topic  

United States
19 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  11:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lsea789 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am still penny roll searching and I came across quite a few 1955 P Lincoln cents, most of which are in very good condition for circulated coins but there are some that look like they have errors.
This is one of those Lincoln Cents. It is not the big king double die, but there is doubling taking place on this coin. I am still learning so, all feed back is appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

Edited by Lsea789
09/30/2020 12:04 am
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need better, pics close up and clearer. Recommend using loop w/ camera combo or Microscope (usb ).
My guess though is Machine Doubling,but then I'm still a student of Numismatics.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
36121 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin looks cleaned Pics are out of focus and you need to crop them before posting. Also,a few too many photos.Need to filter your light source so there is less glare.The better the pics you post,the better we can help you. It takes practice.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  05:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John tell me about it. Just starting using a new microscope and pics starting to get better.
I use Photoscape (https://download.cnet.com/PhotoScap...0703122.html .
I like it for editing pics and re-sizing .
Pillar of the Community
United States
4457 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the pics provided it looks like a poor mans doubled die.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
speaking of poor ....
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46747 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just extreme die wear. You will see a lot of this on the 1950's wheat cents because they continued to use the dies past normal retirement. Creating a lot of stuff that is interesting, but to a variety collector, not a variety. These are die events.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 240Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05