Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unique 2000 D Virginia State Quarter

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 589Next Topic
Page: of 2

36 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  4:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add WayWay to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I been looking at this State Quarter for hours now and am blown away by all the left over desighns from previous quarters as well as desighns left during the current strike thats on it. Ive outlined what I see under up to 400x magnification. On the mint mark I made sure that I drew in each horizontal line first then drew in the rest. What do yall think?

36 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WayWay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like I missed a couple of D's mid way down th line sticking up high
36 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WayWay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh WOW Its another line of D's.
36 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WayWay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the parallel lines on the actual mint mark are D lines as well
Pillar of the Community
United States
4502 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's Pareidolia.
36 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WayWay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe this more accurately depicts what's going
36 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WayWay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.......I really dont even know what to say to that. For one I'm greatly offended and completely astonished you would even say that to someone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4502 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WayWay, please don't take offense to that. It was not demeaning in any way. When I first started collecting I saw things that wasn't a possibility and it was pointed out to me using the same term. For instance, if there were three or four mint marks moving toward the bust then there should be three or four dates that follow the mint mark as well as the bust and all legends involved.
36 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WayWay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again I up to 400 times magnification in Crystal Clear Imaging though I could only up load up to a certain size file. But on my end Crystal clear. Or maybe time is of an issue?
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altec12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe your pics are too close up. I think one of the reasons we come to this forum is in hopes of seeing something that has never been seen. Something that was beyond our sense of understanding and reason.
Understanding how the process of minting coins works, there are many things I cannot grasp in the making of an error coin.
But I believe I am pretty sure what you are claiming to see with all of the D's on your coin would never ever happen at a mint. Impossible.
You hold the coin in your hand and see what you believe to be what you are seeing. It happens to everyone to some degree.
Thousands of images have been posted here claiming to have all sorts of images from Jesus to Santa Clause. But they are really just not there.
If you are having a difficult time accepting what the experts opinions are, rather than argue and get frustrated, by all means send the coin in to be graded. and report back what the result was.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2565 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Again I up to 400 times magnification

For what? Your not looking at stars. I think 20 Times magnification would suffice
Learn More...
United States
17731 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@wayway, it would be truly unprecedented if you have found a coin with a repunched mintmark that many times. Please take a look at examples of this phenomenon on this website using RPM as a keyword in the CCF search box or take a look at the varietyvista website.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

36 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WayWay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The photos dont lie. Not only that but look at the R showing through the TR, fallow it left you clearly see th E as well as the L before it. I'm not or never have been delusional. My roome mate see'the same thing even pointed out something to me.
36 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WayWay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I can do is show yall whats there I can not make yall understand for I myself dont understand but it is in fact something maybe 20x isn't enough. Its not like I'm looking for cash I just thought id share with fellow coin lovers.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36476 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1989 was the last year for RPMs,nuff said.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1762 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a normal circulated State Quarter that you have drawn a lot of images on. I'll agree with Pareidolia.
My apology to you if that's not the answer your looking for but can not agree on something that is not there
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 589Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05