Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1922 Peace Dollar (I Think)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 426Next Topic  
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  5:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ultrashiver to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello All - This is one of the coins I inherited from my mom's coin collection after she passed away - Just checking if this is worth anything in its current condition -

Thank you,
Ultra
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6862 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

I'm not certain the coin is genuine based on the photos provided. The obverse (front) images appear to show some likely departures from the US mint issued coin.

The O in GoD .. general graininess and soft details lead me to question authenticity.

We can help more if you can post straight on, no angle in focus photos.

That said - even if genuine this is a treasured today but common date Peace dollar that in circulated condition ... like yours ... is worth not much more than a small premium above silver melt value
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ultrashiver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your reply - Here are some more pictures -

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ultrashiver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoops - Sorry, I uploaded the wrong images -

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ultrashiver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, finally got it right - Had to rename them - Thanks

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51307 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks OK to me. Very common date, worth around $20.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
10/14/2020 6:42 pm
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ultrashiver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Coin Frog - This makes me happy!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2493 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1922 Peace dollars are the most common of the Peace dollar series, with silver at $24.29 (today's spot price) this coin is worth $18.79, a coin shop will probably give you $18, you can sell it on ebay for around $25.00

I love Peace dollars I have a full set, this one is pretty nice for a common date coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9444 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2020  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a common, circulated, "bullion" silver dollar in XF condition. A $20 piece to most people, $25 on eBay is likely true too.
ANA #R3154474
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11073 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  01:24 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks okay to me.

In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  06:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ultrashiver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, all - This hobby is so fun!
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunter611 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just remember if selling on EBay, after taking their cut and PayPal's cut and shipping etc u are back to ~ $18-20 locally.

On the other hand a nice coin to have inherited from your mom and spark your interest.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
On the other hand a nice coin to have inherited from your mom and spark your interest.
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, looks good to me!
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 426Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05