Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Picked Up These Old Coins But Have No Idea What Country/Grade/Value-Help!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 374Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
127 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  2:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mikeyworms to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The 1724 large Bronze coin($12) , I think it says Portugal? Help Please advise on description/Grade/value
The 1837($26) Beautiful rainbow toned Coin looks to be in Great shape but what is it? Please advise description/Grade/value.
So much appreciate all the help. Looking for big money on the Rainbow for my medical bills

Pillar of the Community
United States
1374 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First looks to be 10 Reis

Second is a Token an would probably do better as it's own topic.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6862 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no expertise on the coins/tokens presented - do have an opinion on the OP comment:

Quote:
Looking for big money on the Rainbow for my medical bills

IMHO purchasing unknown to you numismatic items at prices that you do not know are worthy of their value is not likely to lead to a lottery winner.

The sellers of such items generally know the value, and as such the likelihood that you can come across an uniformed seller and a truly valuable item - well, that's not going to happen often enough to support immediate medical bill needs.

I feel for you and extend my best of wishes.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1374 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
929 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
both the Portuguese coin and hard times token are worth about what you paid
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4428 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looking for big money on the Rainbow for my medical bills

The illustrious predecessor token you show appears to be HT33 and is common. It also looks corroded on the front to me. Possible just your picture or my eyes this morning. In any case that token even in Mint condition is not going to bring you a significant sum of money.

Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 374Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05