Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Rare Are Uncirculated 1982 P And D Pennies That Weigh Over 3 Grams?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 253Next Topic  

25 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  08:20 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jrvaults to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I had 2 almost full rolls of mostly uncirculated 1982 pennies. 1 roll is plain and the other from Denver mint. I just took them out and was weighing them one by one and I was setting the ones that were 2.5 grams off to the side like they were the rare ones. I ended up with about a half a roll of p and half roll of d that weighed 3 grams or more. Is that rare?
25 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jrvaults to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the rare transitional version of the 1982 penny is my question. Is it the one that's over 3 grams or 2.5? P or d?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2552 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  08:50 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there.
No. Not rare. Often times, when people ask about 1982 cents, they are thinking of the rare and possibly unique 1982 D Small Date Copper. It is normal to find any of the 7 other varieties. You can learn online how to tell the difference between large and small dates and then check all of the 3.1 gram Denver cents.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1030 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

If one of the coins is a 1982 D Small Date Copper (3.11 grams), that is the valuable one. The other 1982 P and D cents are common. See this web site to determine what you have.

http://lincolncentresource.com/smal...es/1982.html

25 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jrvaults to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was very helpful information and I really appreciated it. Thank you.

*** Edited by Staff to remove YELLING. All capital letters is the internet version of yelling. Please do not do it in titles or posts. ***
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 253Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05