Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2 Different Obverse + Reverse For 1893 Tp9's

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 208Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1626 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  11:10 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I decided to start a new topic on these coins the one was entered in another topic on DP9's but it was getting confusing to follow.

I just purchased a 1893 TP9 with a Die Crack between DEI- GRATIA that is normal for this coin to have this Obverse die, but this one has the start of damage at leaf 5 where the stem leaf and vine meet (plaster look) as Okie mentioned in the other post. Most don't have this damage in this area but have TP9.

The second one I have I've had for several years and posted it in another post earlier this year. Its an 1893 TP9 with No Die crack at DEI- GRATIA that is seldom found most have the die Crack. This coin also has the damaged area at the stem of leaf 5.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3243 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! We really discussed this back then to the "nth" degree. Here is the link for the January discussion:

http://goccf.com/t/306816&SearchTerms=1893,tp9

Whoops! Didn't see that Jim put the same link in a thread a couple down. Sorry. B

Edited by okiecoiner
10/23/2020 1:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1626 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know we did Bill.

I only had the one with no die crack at that time when we discussed it.
This new one I got has a die crack and they both have the same leaf 5 they are the only 2 I've ever seen to date. All my other TP9's have a normal leaf 5, as I remember no one else had one like it to verify now there are two for verification of the area in question just trying to see if others have either one.

EDIT: its ok Bill no apology needed the other post was getting off track of this coin so I started a new one
Edited by papeldog
10/23/2020 1:50 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 208Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05