Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1833 Bust Half Tampered With?!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 367Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
59 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  1:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone, I am looking to buy a bust half for my collection but am having trouble finding one that isn't too pricey and is eye appealing. I found this one for sale but am a little suspicious of it. Does it looked tampered with (cleaned, polished, etc.)?

Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
United States
962 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, it looks "off"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2565 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Big personal pet peeve. People who use a too-small holder for a too-big coin!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36414 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where is it for sale at? How Much? (I am not interested in buying it)
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
10/25/2020 4:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1481 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is cleaned. The hairlines and haloing around devices is the evidence of it.
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies, that is what I thought! Also, its currently at $135 on eBay.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52011 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree it's been cleaned. I'd stay away.
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Nerd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks cleaned to me. Don't buy it if your suspicious. Better safe than sorry.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 367Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05