Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Interesting Contemporary Forgery Silver Ducat Of Overijssel (Netherlands).

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 316Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Austria
561 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  2:06 pm Show Profile   Check coinworldtv's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add coinworldtv to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Diameter: 41mm
Weight: 22.72gm

Material: Silver-plated (bronze?) or debased silver alloy

A very interesting conversation piece and a great addition for the ones interested in contemporary counterfeits.
Edited by coinworldtv
10/26/2020 2:07 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17571 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect all deceptive counterfeit and fake coins, (provided the price is right), simply because they provide a learning tool in how to identify them, and not be defrauded.
Most coin dealers worth their salt maintain a 'black' collection for the same reason, and also to educate their customers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5035 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coinworldtv Very nice counterfeit - I love the die work.

I too am fascinated by old counterfeits as many people know.
My book on Counterfeit Portrait 8Rs is available from Amazon http://ccfgo.com/TheUnrealReales or from me directly if you want it signed.
Pillar of the Community
Austria
561 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  04:59 am  Show Profile   Check coinworldtv's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinworldtv to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please anyone, please send me a message with your offer for the coin.

I am usually selling on eBay and they do not allow me to list this kind of material.

If the price is right (for both of us) than we might strike a deal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5035 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since this is a legal non-monetary non-circulating coin produced by an entity which has no current standing legally, the people at eBay should not object. Every day there are numerous Contemporaneous Circulating Counterfeits posted.

I prefer to by CCC types on a venue like eBay to determine a fair market value. For this type, I have little to no expertise on market worth.
My book on Counterfeit Portrait 8Rs is available from Amazon http://ccfgo.com/TheUnrealReales or from me directly if you want it signed.
Edited by swamperbob
10/29/2020 10:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1528 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add realeswatcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Contemporary fouree" should get the point across in eBay-land.

Nice example! I've accumulated a few CC lion thalers through the years... plus maybe(?) one silver ducat. Typically the CCs of the Dutch trade coins emanate out of the eastern Mediterranean region.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 316Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05