Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1973 D Penny Error When Should You Certify Sell Uncertified Obsessed Newbie

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 202Next Topic  
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  2:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Vashti7777 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
**here's pics without the sleeves.
I think I see doubling most prominently on FG & Ear. Slight doubling on mm, date, berty & motto.

I'm really new at trying to understand what I'm seeing.

Thanks for your critiques.

I found this searching container of change and it really stands out.

Can you help me grade ithis coin? when do you send s coin to be graded or should it be sold uncertified through an auction site like Heritage etc?

Thanks for the help.
Beth

Edited by Vashti7777
10/26/2020 3:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2029 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Suggest not photographing coins while they are mounted in 2x2s--lessens the quality of the image. Without seeing better images, I'd say your coin--while nice and likely near mint state--is rather common. At first glace, with the photos posted, I'd say your coin is in the low to mid MS range (60-64). I have several dozens of these in MS64-66 condition. In my opinion, it wouldn't be worth it to send the coin to a third party grading service. It would have to fall into the very, very high MS range to have any value at auction.

What error are you seeing?

Could we see new, high resolution photos taken outside of the 2x2? Thanks.
Edited by ijn1944
10/26/2020 2:44 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52091 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharp and much brighter images needed. What error do you see?

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36452 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. A coin need a retail value after slabbing of at least $150 to justify all costs involved in sending it in.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 202Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05