Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Good Day CRHing Quarters!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 323Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  4:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I went through 20 rolls of mixed quarters from the FED.
This is what I found:
1 each 1976 S Silver Bicentennial quarter.

1 each 1966 SMS quarter. (I THINK - please tell me if I am correct.)

1 each 2016 S Shawnee quarter.

1 each 2016 S Fort Moultrie quarter.

Please excuse all the scratches and dirt - most of that those are on the used air-tites they are in.

I know, I know - remove them next time.

Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoeTheLucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are those ATBs just proofs?
Learn More...
United States
92278 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!

Quote:
Are those ATBs just proofs?
Circulating S-mint quarters sold direct from Mint.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4084 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! You have a Federal Reserve bank nearby that lets you buy rolls?
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The ATBs are not proofs, they are "Circulation quality not released for circulation."

I suspect all 4 of these coins came from the same person, who either was dumping his coins or, more likely, from a child who got into his cookie jar. It makes me wonder how many more were dumped at the same time.
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not get them straight from the FED. I have rather large deposits at my bank and they give me all the rolls I want. I try not to abuse the privilege, though.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11130 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The ATBs are not proofs, they are "Circulation quality not released for circulation."

I wasn't aware those even existed! Nice finds!
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Learn More...
United States
17731 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My fave is that silver bicentennial. Well done!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
92278 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wasn't aware those even existed!
I am sure plenty of the album builders wish they did not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1431 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds! I too like the 76
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 323Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05