Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does NGC Make Mistakes? I Need Advice!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 653Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  7:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add historicantiques to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the correct forum, please do correct me.

I'm a little new here and I have a problem. I received my two 2020-s PR70 Early Release Silver Eagles last Thursday from the company Coin Advisor. Both were graded by NGC.

At first, they looked fine. However, yesterday Saturday, I realized one of them had a nick just right of the "Y", at the top, in "Liberty" - obverse. I called Coin Advisor, left a message. And I've e-mailed the company about this problem.

Of course, I didn't open the slab - don't know how to. Is this the right procedure, should I contact NGC? At first I thought it was in/on the slab plastic, but when I move it around in the light, what looks like a nick does NOT "move" with my movements.

I can provide an image, though not sure it will be large enough!

If anybody had the same experience or knows what to do, please let me know what to do, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!!

Historicantiques
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40846 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TPG's make mistakes. You did the right thing contacting Coin Advisor first. If you can post a photo or two here that might help us.Does Coin Advisor have a return option?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3534 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are unhappy, return it to the seller.
-----Burton
47 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC, OnLinw Coin Club
Owned by four cats and a wife of 37 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20373 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All people make mistakes. TPGS are just people.
just carl
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 653Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05