Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Feedback On Caps Albums

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 710Next Topic  
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  09:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Buffalo78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As a spin-off to the other thread on "best" albums. I wanted to know everyone's thoughts on the CAPS albums for long-term storage of a collection. I have almost the complete library of Dansco albums but not completely happy with them. I have had a few issues in the past couple of years one of which is delamination of the pages. Also, on some of the heavier coins such as halves and dollars, the pages do not hold up well to the weight when they are full. Do not get me wrong, of all the "traditional" albums I do think Dansco are the best however I am intrigued by the CAPS albums for long-term performance. I understand the CAPS albums are pricey but otherwise how are they functionally? I have not put my hands on one yet. Are the plastic pages pretty durable? I think I am going to pull the trigger on one but just wanted to hear some thoughts. Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1033 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am 100% sold on the AirTites and Caps albums. Your will not find any product that protects the coins better than this. Pricy, yes, but you get what you pay for here. The plastic pages are very durable. The only issue I have had was removing a capsule from a plastic page can be difficult.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4560 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HAM could you put up a couple photos of one of your pages so we can seea "finished" product?
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buffalo78 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of the things that appeals to me is I think it is pretty easy and reasonable to make the custom insert cardboard sheets with the labels. As with most collectors, I have my own detailed preferences. For example I do not collect overdates but I will collect date size varieties. Also, I do not collect proofs. For modern coins you can buy albums with or without proofs but with Shield nickels and the Three Cent pieces it is totally hit or miss what is typically listed in the albums.
Learn More...
United States
95662 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4560 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck. Nice looking albums
Pillar of the Community
United States
1033 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2020  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My CAPS albums are 1200 miles away. I have found a photo that I will upload here. Sorry, but this is the best I could do under the circumstances.

Learn More...
United States
95662 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20078 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2020  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use whatever Album I can get cheap. No problems with any of then yet.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4560 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2020  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice album.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoeVet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like the CAPS albums however two things. Delivery times after ordering from either capsalbums.com or valleycoin.com is months, not weeks and two neither valleycoin.com or capsalbums.com will answer emails. I purchased a few sets of albums on 9/19/2020 and didn't receive them until 11/12/2020 and two of the albums were defective with the three ring clips not riveted to the binder cover. I've sent emails to both capsalbums and valleycoin and neither are responding. Thinking of filing a BBB report. I like the albums and want some more but they have no customer service and I get the impression it is a rather shoddy operation working out of someone's garage.
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a couple images from my Innovation Dollar album.
Front:

Back:
Pillar of the Community
United States
1033 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been a few years since I have ordered, but I never had an issue with long delays in shipping. Maybe things have changed do to the virus. Seems like all problems are blamed on the virus nowadays.
Learn More...
United States
95662 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here are a couple images from my Innovation Dollar album.
Looking good!

Quote:
. Maybe things have changed do to the virus. Seems like all problems are blamed on the virus nowadays.
It is and for good reason.
Pillar of the Community
United States
560 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2020  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add patrick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've moved pretty much my entire collection over to Airtites and CAPS albums. I really like the way they look and the ability to customize pages. The only downside I see is that albums are relatively bulky and take up lots of space. I've gotten most of my supplies through Valley Coin. No complaints about wait times and communications from me. Sorry you had trouble JoeVet
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 710Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05