Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Many Here Still Roll Hunting?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 322Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4085 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  3:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Curious, I have not in six years.
I enjoy reading the posts here.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Learn More...
United States
92473 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like you I am just an observer, maybe also a cheerleader.

I have not searched bank rolls in nearly twenty years. I occasionally get "change jars" from west coast family, which helps me keep the circulation sets current.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2067 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still search--lower volume the last several months, but still at it. Not an industrial-level searcher (multiple boxes per month). Primarily cents, quarters, and nickels.
Edited by ijn1944
11/20/2020 3:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2085 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been doing it the past four and a half-plus years, though I stopped for seven months during the virus. I got back to it a month ago, though have been very hit and miss with the banks in getting coins. I'm still focused on nickels, though I've definitely upped my dime searching, while still searching cents and halves (when I can get them).

Come two months from today, I'm not very optimistic about what our abilities to get coins will be like, so I am going to try and get in all the CRH I can these next 60 days.
Edited by John77
11/20/2020 4:07 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17626 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to do roll hunting because the costs were low.
Those who continue for years can become experts in their field, and deserve the title of 'numistmatist'.

These days, I just sit back and read the posts and learn from all of their hard work, with discovery of rare varieties and errors.

I still continue with taking two examples of every new coin design that is issued into circulation from pocket change.
Such a collection ow has about 300 pieces in uncirculated condition, but they are all common, and the value of collection will remain at face value. That doesn't stop the collection from being lots of fun and very interesting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2020  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grime5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ive been at it since I was 15.mom used to take me to the bank.quit for a while then me and my son started again.he,s married and gone but I have been searching ever since.did dimes for 3 years and found over 1000 silver dimes.now I search quarters and look for the w,s.found a handfull of silvers in the mix.i do 4-5 boxes of quarters a week
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still searching. Been doing it 7 or 8 years now. Been focused on the W quarters the past 2 years. Don't know why, I know it's a fad but for some reason I got hooked on it. I'm testing my non-professional grading skills. Been really focused on the fine details of the condition. I've submitted several that have come back 67. Got several boxes of brand new un-open 2020 Marsh-Billings rolls the other day. I'm looking for that 68!

I'm averaging 4 or 5 boxes the week. Silver is still out there gents!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4085 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bank branches are closing in my area. Not just lobbies, but completely closing down. I'm sure it's due in most to lack of traffic. More layoffs.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JerryYang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started searching in July this year.
I only grab some customer wrapped rolls in several branches recently, but I found most of them have been dried, no handly wrapped rolls, only the machine wrapped rolls remained.
I think I need to try another bank.
Learn More...
United States
92473 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 322Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05