Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Grading Of 10 Cents 1937 And Up

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 308Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
198 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  12:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add twoods to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hello,

I have a grading question and figured this was the place to come. I collect dimes and have noticed that collectors sometimes refer to "full rope details" when talking about dimes 1937 and up. I assume this refers to the ropes on the schooner on the reverse of the coin. My question is whether the top details affect the grade that a third party grader would assign to the coin. Thank you.
Valued Member
Canada
198 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  01:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twoods to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correction to above post. Darn autocorrect!

My question is whether the rope details affect the grade a that third party grader would assign to the coin.
Thank you.
Valued Member
Canada
55 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Usually if you want a high grade assigned, it must have full details. Unless they are weak strike
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 308Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05