Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Newest Banknotes Of Mexico

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 380Next Topic  
Mexico
3 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  10:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lion Alchemist to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody, past week the bank of mexico presented 2 new banknotes in Mexico, that is the new 200 pesos Banknote & the new 1000 Pesos Banknote. The new 200 pesos banknote is the first vertical mexican banknote printed in polymer. Did you already know it? Best regards.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
598 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  03:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even though I do not collect banknotes I keep an eye on what's going on with current banknotes around the world. So, yes, I had read about the new banknotes a few days ago.

I find it surprising that the 100 Peso note is polymer while the 1000 Peso notes remains cotton/paper. Any idea why?

Secondly, what about the 20 Peso banknote? Is it going to be replaced or phased out by the new bi-metalic 20 Peso coin, or will the banknote and the coin run concurrently for the foreseeable future?
Learn More...
United States
94084 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
400 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The date on the 1000 Peso note shows that it was printed last year, 2019. The 200 note is from this year, 2020.
Mexico
3 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lion Alchemist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@redlock Acording to Bank Of Mexico, they will use polymer for the lowest denominations in order to increase life time of banknotes, however they will still using Paper for big denomination banknotes in order to use security features like the Security ribbon.

the 20 pesos banknote will disappear, however a last edition made of polymer will be realise next year in order to commemorate 200 years of the mexican independence consummation.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17859 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Artwork OK.
What is really needed is money that cannot be used by the cartels - they have to be put out of business, and a monetary way of doing so may be the only way of achieving this.

1. Redlock has asked an interesting question, which I also would like the answer to.
2. I have been looking for a silver center 20 Pesos, to go with the SC 10 Pesos coin which I already have. The World's last coins with silver, which were issued into circulation.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
598 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  02:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Lion Alchemist

Thanks for the information

Do you know perhaps whether the 50 Peso banknote (introduced 2013) will get an update, be replaced by a new design resp.?
Learn More...
United States
94084 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What is really needed is money that cannot be used by the cartels
Get rid of all cash then.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1155 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Quote:
What is really needed is money that cannot be used by the cartels
Get rid of all cash then.

well put (as if criminals loath digital currency!)
Edited by walk2dwater
11/24/2020 7:35 pm
Learn More...
United States
94084 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
as if criminals loath digital currency
True. The successful criminals are much more adaptive than law abiding citizens.

Perhaps I should have said get rid of all money.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 380Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05