Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

LMC Unknown Date 70% Off Set 6 O'clock

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 316Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1674 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My bad, I previously posted the wrong photos for this one, here are the correct ones:

I obtained two 70% off set LMC, one at 9 o'clock and this 6 o'clock.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47862 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the obverse die was over polished. If the reverse initials are a RDV-005, then it might be a 1983 or 1984 because of the heavy die polishing those years from numerous die clashes, it might be one of those years?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3133 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:55 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one!

Coop: I do agree it looks like RDV-005, but RDV-005 is 1986-1988.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47862 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also noticed something else. Note the shape of the beard. From that I wonder if the reverse is a RDV-007? So a post 1993 cent. So we might never know what year this one is. So a closer view of the 'FG' and the beard/mouth area might help more. Massive reverse split plating.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1674 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you folks, I'll try to see if I can get a good shot of the initials. Tomorrow or after thanksgiving.

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving all!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37230 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a nice guitar pick
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47862 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a guitar pick:

A silver pick for hot licks.

I'd call this a monster jam!
Richard S. Cooper

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1674 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice...

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1674 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are close ups of the chin/mouth area and the reverse initials as promised to help with the RDV determination.

Do they help or are more needed?

Thank you ...

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 316Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05