Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Black 1943 Walking Liberty

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 455Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  8:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lightnin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Figure it's a fake but wanted to see what's people on here think. Looks a little thinner and feels lighter than a original. It doesn't have a ring to it when flipped in the air. My grandma cashed her check back in 69 and received it in her change. Afraid it was fake my dad (17 at the time) gave her 50 cents for it and kept it. It's neat.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1905 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks fake to me. I've got some fake Washington quarters that have similar appearance. I can bend them with my fingers
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What does it weigh?
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lightnin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cant bend it with our fingers. Don't have a scale that does small increments. If we run across a way to weigh it we will.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20023 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weigh yourself without that coin, then weigh yourself with that coin. Then subtract the first weight from the second one.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17914 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's how I weigh my dog !!

Actually, it is possible to find the weight of suspect coin in a slab using the same technique, and compare with known genuine coin and slab combination.
CCF Advertiser
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  03:52 am  Show Profile   Check Paradime Coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paradime Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks bad. ive seen a few of those fake including a fake Washington quarter from the 70's! not even the silver one. why one would go through the trouble beats me
Pillar of the Community
United States
1507 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a contemporary counterfeit made of lead. Back then 50c was worth doing this over.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Learn More...
United States
94566 Posts
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lightnin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info. It's a neat piece.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rubenbeagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks much like one I have. Counterfeit for sure.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 455Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05