Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1930-D Lincoln Wheat Cent Struck On Ragged Flange - Is It MS?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 232Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2687 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  3:00 pm Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have posted this coin on the Modern Coin Error section, but thought I'd put it here as well to get grading thoughts on it.

It is a 1930-D Lincoln Wheat cent struck on a ragged flange. It weighs 2.79 grams, compared to the normal 3.11 grams.

I've taken photos in artificial light (the blue background) and in sunlight (the wood background). The artificial light photos show the red and brown colors on the coin as they actually are.

I think it's close to MS, but there might be some light rub on Lincoln's jaw.

Is an error coin like this, in this condition, worth submitting for TPG grading?

Thanks!

Paul Bulgerin
Edited by Paul Bulgerin
11/27/2020 3:01 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53587 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me it looks lightly circulated - perhaps just mishandled as a curiosity.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1753 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, as far as grade, AU-55/58 possibly.

I can't speak for the value/sending into a TPG.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16761 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not familiar with such an error, my guess would have been PMD.

Coin is AU IMO.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 232Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05