Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 P KHD - Am I Just Seeing Extreme MD?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 178Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
133 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  11:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hermz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was doing some more CRH, came across this half and got stumped. My first thought was some kind of MD, but now I'm wondering if it's DD.
The close up pics are as follows; R in LIBERTY, 8 in date, A in DOLLAR..

thanks for your thoughts.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4630 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say it is a result of heavy Die Deterioration.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Pillar of the Community
United States
3138 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Extreme DDD.
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2020  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hermz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah yes, overlooked that possibility. In the link you provided coin hunter, the image with the nickel example reminds me of what I am seeing on this KHD.
What gets me still is the R in liberty. If it's LDS how does the R still seem more defined then the 8 and A ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4630 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes DDD can enlarge a device. It makes it look all mushy and distorted which can sometimes result in enlargement or what appears to be doubling.

I hope that answers your question! If It doesn't, feel free to ask More!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Edited by CoinHunter27
11/28/2020 12:14 am
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hermz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just confused on how the R seems less smushed then the 8 and A.
I know it still looks similar, but I guess I would assume if it was a LDS that they would all share the same blobby look. But maybe I'm just thinking to far Into it again haha
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 178Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05