Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1962, 1963 Proof Jefferson Nickels

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 237Next Topic  

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  11:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cointacthigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey all,

Stumbled upon this pretty pair in a box that also included a slick Buffalo, some nice 50's, two War Nickels, and a '39 (no idea about what type). The 1962 was actually an ender too. From what I've researched, 60's proofs are common but it increased my collection to 3 so I'm pretty happy. Anyway, just wondering what kind of grade they would rate. The 62 is practically flawless when I look at it, but the 63 has some damage along the rim and a bit of gunk on the reverse. Also, how would you tell what a cameo is and what is the difference between a cameo and a deep cameo? Thanks.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
37152 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both appear to be what is called an impaired proof. The 62 looks like it "was" a nice DCAM.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cointacthigh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are the indications it's a DCAM and not a CAM?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53576 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John calls it.

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
94325 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37152 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What are the indications it's a DCAM and not a CAM?

In a nut shell...the contrast between a mirror field and frosted devices.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 237Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05