Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1909 VDB Lincoln Wheat Cent For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 511Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  12:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Critique away!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1489 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
67+BN. Would not be surprised at a 68. Very minor nicks on the Jacket. While not a full strike. It is a veds, but as you can see on the reverse the spacing is not optimal. Personally I think it is a great coin. I just know that at the upper levels that they can get real picky when it comes to full strike.
Valued Member
Australia
321 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  06:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics are not good enough to grade properly.
In order to grade above say 65 pics similar to PCGS standard would be needed.
At least 1500 x 1500
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14629 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have to admit it is gorgeous , but because I detect minute traces of dirt 0n the coin , I'm going out on the limb here and say it's AU-59 . Again real nice piece .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53678 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An obverse pic with more light on the surfaces would be helpful.
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have PCGS's imaging equipment, but this should be close!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2377 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example. MS64 for me. Appears to be a hint of very light wear on obverse high points.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53678 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say 64RB, possibly 65.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14629 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
MS64 for me. Appears to be a hint of very light wear on obverse high points.

How is that possible ?
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a beautiful cent, I agree with T-BOP, super high grade AU.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16768 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not seeing any cartwheel spokes or other indications of luster, slight high point rub.

AU-58
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
279 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  06:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunter611 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say 58 due to wear on high points.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9661 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm on the fence about this one. on one hand I'm seeing what looks like signs of circulation on the cheek, jaw and hairline and on the other hand I'm not seeing any surface marks on the rest of the coin or anything else that would point to circulation. AU58 or MS64BN
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, based on thebpaper fibers that were on the coin when I scoped it initially, I assume it came from an album, high points have a blueish toning as well, I'd say the coin is on the more brown spectrum of RB in hand.
Pillar of the Community
United States
936 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That coin dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-60
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if

My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you!
A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification.
I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21767 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2020  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rubbing on the high points, AU-58.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 511Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05