Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question About 70's And 80's Lincoln Cent

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 888Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
227 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I would have to say it was wonderfully incitefull and thanks to each and everyone of you for your helpful in depth information on this subject.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1747 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If it isn't being too nosy, roughly how many rolls or coins are you looking through to find that many of what you are considering the keepers?

It's varied a great deal over the decades. I'm not counting solid date BU rolls at all but I look through 20 or 30 cent rolls per year and up to a hundred in the late '80's. I don't look through many nickel rolls but looked through 500 per year from about 1969 to '76. I average about 30 dime rolls and 100 quarter rolls.

Gems aren't too uncommon but MS-66 and 67 are pretty tough in pocket change.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Valued Member
United States
227 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand that perfect but everything I have is all from pocket change. Even if it's not much after an entire year of savings. Everyone needs a little change in their life because change makes sense
Pillar of the Community
United States
1747 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are a lot of great coins in circulation and they aren't all Gems or varieties.

Finding a beautiful AU+ 1968-P cent is special and the coin itself is special. There are very few that are still attractive in BU rolls since they are mostly spotted. A nice XF '69 quarter can be quite "rare" because most '69 quarters are poorly made no matter their condition. Across the board there are lots of rarities in circulation and I believe all rarities are appreciated by collectors in their time.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 888Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05