Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Do You Do With Smooth Coins?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 303Next Topic  
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  8:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add corvum to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello

I just got into this few weeks ago. I got a lot with 12 Roman coins from Croatia. 5 have some good detail but the rest are smooth.

In terms like as if they were ball bearings that were flatten.

Anyway, is there anything I can do with them? What do you vets do with smooth coins?

I really just don't want them throw away because of the 1900 years of history but I don't want to just have clutter in my office.

Can you make jewelry with them?

Thank you in advance.
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoeTheLucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well you know as they say, an unidentified coin is a piece of metal, an identified coin is chock-full of history!

There is absolutely no detail?
Edited by JoeTheLucky
12/03/2020 9:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2545 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

you mean slugs?
Learn More...
United States
94547 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.

Uploading Photos

Free Image Optimizer
Pillar of the Community
United States
2413 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few photos would be welcome.
Learn More...
United States
23419 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the community
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add corvum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the coins. I turned up the brightness and got as close as my camera would allow.

Forgive the yellow. The coins are mostly rust. The first image is the front. Second the back

Valued Member
United States
221 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gtkwml to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over the years I've gotten many "slugs". I know they were once coins by what other coins were buried with them. Hate to throw them out, so they go in the little jar labeled "no discernible image".
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  01:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add corvum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Over the years I've gotten many "slugs". I know they were once coins by what other coins were buried with them. Hate to throw them out, so they go in the little jar labeled "no discernible image".

I was honestly thinking about buying a nice jar, maybe uniquely shaped art piece, and just fill it up over time with non descriptive ones.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 303Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05