Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Positive Experience Selling To Jm Bullion

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 453Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
386 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  1:56 pm Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know I'm talking to a bunch of stackers, who will prob never sell. But in case you do, I wanted to share my experience with JM Bullion's completely online "sell to us" process. They have a $1000 min for this.

JM sell to us page has a list of most things they are buying. With current prices that fluctuate with the market. I have found, at least recently, they pay at or very near spot. Higher if you got things with perceived value like SAEs, even higher if those SAEs are graded.

You simply scroll through their page of gold, silver or platinum until you get what you want to sell. Click on that category and it gives you an option to enter quantity. 3 SAEs check, $43 face of 90% US coins, check, $22 face of 40% Kennedy's check. BU 1/10 ounce Krugerrand, check

Your cart keeps a running total of everything you put in. Which updates as bullion values change. When you've entered everything, hit a button and prices are locked.

You enter all your info, bank account where you want the money deposited, etc. They also ask for a credit card. Seems some people back out of the deal and never send stuff in if bullion prices go up. So the CC would be to do a "market adjustment" if you don't mail the coins.

Flip side of that is that they are willing to keep your price the same if things go down while the coins are being shipped. Seems fair.

They emailed me a UPS label to print off. Shipping costs come out of your proceeds, but at their rate. $20ish for UPS w $1000 insurance seemed reasonable.

Can't really give you a rough shipping time. As mine just happened to be over Christmas. The 29th I got an email letting me know they got the package. They said it would take roughly 3 days to verify content and process my payment.

The 31st I got an email saying no issues were found with my submission. Payment would be in my account within 48 hour. Well of course with the three day weekend I didn't expect that. But it showed up first thing Monday.

I was pleasantly surprised by a very hassle free experience.

Pillar of the Community
United States
534 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to know. I wasn't aware they bought.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2101 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2021  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Connor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing this...I always wondered how this process worked.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4133 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2021  05:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the report. I would have to remain loyal to Provident after all these years, although I'm thinking the payoff should remain identical.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
632 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2021  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bud250r to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have also dealt with JM Bullion. Buying not selling.
They are a top notch company. Never a problem.
Good prices too.
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2021  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add winterfell to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Thanks for breaking down how it works.
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenmorenee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those prices look excellent. Makes you wonder why people bother with ebay.

Thru JM, with a 1 oz AGE, you'll get 1948 less maybe 40 for shipping, netting 1908.

On ebay, with luck you might get 2050, less 205 for ebay, 60 for PayPal, and 40 for shipping leaving you with 1745 and possibly a giant headache if you and the buyer get cross threaded.

Pillar of the Community
United States
534 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2021  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Those prices look excellent. Makes you wonder why people bother with ebay.

Good point.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21948 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JM Bullion just merged with A-Mark. I noticed that as soon as that happened their inventory grew over night, especially with ASE's.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 453Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05