Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your World Coins That Feature Dwight David Eisenhower (For Jbuck)

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,257Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5919 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2021  11:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In the "Post Your Coins with Stars" thread, jbuck posted a recent US coin acquisition that features Eisenhower. In response, I mentioned that it might be time for him to expand his Ike collection beyond US issues to include world coins. He then commented that if I had a list of such coins, it "might make for a nice topic."

So, I've put together a trial list (it's not an active collecting area for me, so I didn't have an existing definitive list) and am hopeful that CCF members can either add to it and/or post pictures of the coins already on the list.

@jbuck:
I'm not sure it's comprehensive, but here's a starting point list (at least) for your new collection () of World coins depicting Eisenhower (thanks to some searching in the Numista database!):

1970 United Arab Emirates, 10 Riyals (Silver), 1st Anniversary of Death
1990 Marshall Islands, $5 (CuNi) & $50 (Silver), Birth Centennial
1990 Niue, $5 (CuNi) & $200 (Gold) , Birth Centennial
1991 Tokelau, $5 (CuNi), Supreme Allied Commander
1994 France 100 Francs, 50th Anniversary of the Liberation of France (Silver)
1994 Gibraltar, 1 Crown (CuNi & Silver), Part of a World War II Series
1994 Isle of Man, 1 Crown (CuNi & Silver), 50th Anniversary of D-Day
1994 Turks & Caicos, 5 Crowns & 20 Crowns (CuNi & Silver), 50th Anniversary of D-Day
1998 Gibraltar, 1 Crown (CuNi), Part of World At War Series
2000 Liberia, $5 (CuNi), NCLT but no specific commemoration
2000 Liberia, $20 (Silver), US Presidents Series
2005 British Virgin Islands, $1 (CuNi), 60th Anniversary of VE Day
2011 Liberia . $20 (Silver-plated), Greatest Warlords Series

I don't have any of the above, but I wanted to kick things off with a visual. So, here's something other than a US coin...

Now, let's help jbuck visualize his next collection with some pictures! Whatcha got in your world coins collection?!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
01/06/2021 12:27 pm
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is fantastic!

Bookmarked.

Quote:
Now, let's help jbuck visualize his next collection with some pictures! Whatcha got in your world coins collection?!
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2021  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A great list! I just spent some time looking at these on eBay.

I think it will be fun to hunt for them at the next coin show (probably not until the fall unless something changes).

Still would like to see if anyone out there has some they want to share.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5919 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It didn't take long for a needed update to the list...

I've just learned that in 1994, France also released a gold version of the Eisenhower coin; it is a 500 Francs coin.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Here is the Marshall Islands coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5919 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Nickels_rule: Great! Thanks for kicking off jbuck's online catalog!

Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to, very interested in this thread myself.
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is the Marshall Islands coin.
Excellent!

I have the Battle of Britain coin. That would make a nice companion.
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2005 British Virgin Islands, $1, 60th Anniversary of VE Day

Obverse: 60th Anniversary of V.E. Day 1945
Reverse: Montgomery and Eisenhower above the schoolhouse in Reims where the final surrender document was signed and accepted
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5919 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Nickels_rule: Thanks for posting another coin! Hopefully, it will spur others on to add coins from their collections!

Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems This would be a great thread to keep going!
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1994 Isle of Man 50th Anniversary of D-Day

The Normandy landings were the landing operations on Tuesday, 6 June 1944 of the Allied invasion of Normandy in Operation Overlord during World War II. Codenamed Operation Neptune and often referred to as D-Day, it was the largest seaborne invasion in history. The operation began the liberation of German-occupied France and later Europe from Nazi control, and laid the foundations of the Allied victory on the Western Front.
Edited by Nickels_rule
01/15/2021 08:49 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4903 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hopefully, it will spur others on to add coins from their collections!

Wish I had something to add that hasn't been added yet.

The only Eisenhower coin I own, besides Ikes, is the 1990 Eisenhower Centennial Dollar Coin.

https://moderncommemoratives.com/ta...lver-dollar/

Edit: I just revisited this post and realized that I don't see that coin posted yet. Unless I missed it. I'll post it later this evening.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=303507
Edited by chafemasterj
01/14/2021 2:00 pm
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1994 Isle of Man 50th Anniversary of D-Day
Excellent!
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,257Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05