Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

U.s Presidents $1 Coin Set From The U.s Postal Society

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 197Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
193 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  3:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I saw this very nice 2 volume set which includes the BU dollar President coin and some related stamps on each page with narrative on that President. Wondering what this two volume set is worth. I know it's not rare but seems like a nicely done set. Also the set I see appears to have the volume one set embossed in gold but the volume two set cover appears to be embossed in silver- sound correct?Thoughts on fair price? Thanks
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10825 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post a link to it or a photo?
Valued Member
United States
193 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry and here are picture of the set I am referring to. Does it appear one cover is silver and other is gold? thanks for the advice.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5222 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@BGLI: I believe the color difference you are seeing is simply a matter of the difference in lighting on the two binders.

I agree that the pages for each coin and the storage binders make for a nice presentation. I always like a good story concerning my coins and the added stamps are nice. That said, I'm not sure I'd pay the seller's asking/starting price of $200. That price works out to be $5 per coin/coin page. I would be more comfortable in the $3 or below range, but I'm not an active collector of the series.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
United States
193 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Commems. Appreciate your insights and always enjoy the historical background you provide on the classic commemorative series. Always a fascinating read.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 197Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05