Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yellowstone National Park $2 Bill Questions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 219Next Topic  

United States
45 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  7:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Journeylove to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Okay so I'm staring at this bill in this plastic case that says uncirculated and authenticated and I think oh man why can't I just find something wrong on something and then it hit me left side reserve seal is missing part of it then I notice there's not one on the other side and then so I look these up I don't find one like it there's no serial number underneath that does that make it a fake or is it real I got it out of the plastic case which was an easy broke it and here you have it love to hear some thoughts thanks

Valued Member
United States
355 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're kidding....right?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53801 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a garbage after-market Frankenstein note.
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You're kidding....right?

Be cool man...educate. I'm sure they wouldn't have asked if they realized it was a novelty note. Heck, PCGS is running a special on grading Disney dollars right now, so there's a lot of weird stuff out there.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1303 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To give a more polite and in depth answer, yes this is a real two dollar bill. But. The U S Government did not print any Yellowstone, Wyoming, or other state two dollar bills. An after market private company took a genuine two dollar bill and overprinted it with the Yellowstone stuff, and every other state, and the Space Force, and all kinds of other stuff. All of which usually lowers it's collectible value. Some of it is just stickers overlaid which will peal off, some is actually printed on top of the original bill.
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
Three from each country (up to 416!)
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
Edited by jgfindring
01/10/2021 9:49 pm
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Journeylove to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much so I will peel away
Learn More...
United States
94638 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Be cool man...educate. I'm sure they wouldn't have asked if they realized it was a novelty note. Heck, PCGS is running a special on grading Disney dollars right now, so there's a lot of weird stuff out there.

Quote:
Thank you very much so I will peel away
If you like it, keep it as is. Just realize it may not be worth more than its face value.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53801 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edit my reply above to simply "After-market Frankenstein note".
Edited by Coinfrog
01/11/2021 09:33 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 219Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05