Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Palace Collection Of Egypt

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 191Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
70 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  11:09 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Silver Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I was wondering lately if anyone on the forums has ever been or known someone who went to The Palace Collection of Egypt auction in 1954? I know that chances are slim but there is a possibility. That auction was 66 years ago so anyone above 84 year old could have gone.

Here is the catalog for that auction:
https://archive.org/details/egyptpa...n33/mode/2up
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4282 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was just a twinkle in my great grandfather's eye.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3658 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  11:40 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All gone ! Last was Maurice A Storck age 97 .
BTW he was a Pearl Harbor vet as well.
1954 was a long time ago , just ask me!
Edited by Pacificoin
01/11/2021 11:41 am
Valued Member
Canada
70 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2021  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info Pacificoin. I wish I could've been there.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17179 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah lot 185, the 1933 Double eagle, as part of a 17 coin bulk lot.

Closest you will probably find of first hand recollections is in Abe Kosoff Remembers a collection of columns by Kosoff that were published in Coin World many years ago. He did have a series of columns about the sale and their experiences in Egypt at the time. It was published by Sanford Durst in 1981, unfortuately they didn't re-typeset the columne, they are just put in like clippings of the columns from the Coin World so at times they can be a bit difficult to read and sometimes the order is a little hard to figure out.
Gary Schmidt
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 191Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05