Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

WW2 Psywar ND (1945) Japan 10 Yen Parody US Propaganda Leaflets

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 102Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
546 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  01:59 am Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
WW2 Psywar ND Japan 10 Yen US Propaganda Leaflet Block 1124 S/N 450941

During World War II American planes commenced dropping propaganda leaflets on the Japanese homeland once they came within bombing range. Many leaflets took the form of currently circulating 10 yen bank notes. Each authentic looking note, when picked up, revealed a message on its back intended to undermine the morale of the civilian population. All notes in this series have the same serial and block number. The four different propaganda messages each bear a code number on the reverse. The code numbers range from 2009 to 2016.

I thought the Coin Community Forum may like to see these. I am also curious as to what an estimated value for each may be. Thank you.

The first example is code umber 2016 and the second example is code number 2009.

Valued Member
Poland
306 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  02:29 am  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have sold these in past in better condition that your first one (about the same as the second) for $30-40 each. They tended to sell quickly, so I might have been low, but that fact that I've had 3-4 of them without seeking them out over the past 10 years tells me that they are scarce but not rare.
Dealer, collector - Coins, Banknotes, Watches, Stamps, Antiquities - Norantyki.com
Edited by norantyki
01/13/2021 02:48 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
546 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  02:38 am  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome. Thank you.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 102Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05