Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Euro Banknotes!

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 650Next Topic
Page: of 3
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1215 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 20 Europa series design is very nice. I like the contrasting colours, the revamped architectural elements & 20 window through the reverse. Very cool looking notes.

Here's another example I got from the same swap. A 10 P-2u from France:

Quote:
I haven't found any Euro banknotes with Lagarde's signature yet.
Nice run & good luck with the hunt "redlock!"
Edited by walk2dwater
01/21/2021 8:17 pm
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's another example I got from the same swap. A 10 P-2u from France:
Lovely example!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8091 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  10:59 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a note that I don't think has been posted yet - a second series 5-euro signed by Draghi:

The bridges on the reverses of thse notes are supposed to be generic representations of different periods of European architecture, but any French person will tell you that the 5 note shows the Pont du Gard near Nimes in Southern France, as it is the only surviving Roman aqueduct with three tiers of arches!
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a note that I don't think has been posted yet - a second series 5-euro signed by Draghi:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1215 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the Pont du Gard near Nimes in Southern France, as it is the only surviving Roman aqueduct with three tiers of arches!

Great photo (thanks for sharing "NumisRob")

For a 2000 year old bridge - it looks to be in great shape. The new Europa series is much more vibrant looking than it's predecessor.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
609 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  03:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The new Europa series is much more vibrant looking than it's predecessor.

Yes, it is and it was done on purpose.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1215 Posts
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another 10 P-2s this time from Italy from my Italian swap partner:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1215 Posts
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8091 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2021  04:21 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1st series 50 signed by Mario Draghi:

2nd series 50 signed by Mario Draghi:

Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
609 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finally found my first banknote signed by Ms Lagarde. Of course, it's a 5 printed in Austria (plate number N020) which were the first to show up in circulation. The note is already a bit worn.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8091 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting, redlock! First one I've seen. It may be some time before I get to a Eurozone country again!

It's funny how the signatures get easier to read - the first two were illegible squiggles!
Edited by NumisRob
02/13/2021 2:16 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 650Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05