Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sacagawea Sets 2000 To Present Business Strikes And Proofs

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 463Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:22 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These pictures represent 3 sets of Sacagawea dollars as determined by PCGS:

Sacagawea dollars, Native Americans Proof (2000-present)
Sacagawea dollars Eagle in Flight Reverse, Circulation Strikes (2000-2008)
Sacagawea dollars Eagle in Flight Reverse, Proof (2000-2008)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4490 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:36 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set. Congratulations!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Learn More...
United States
95662 Posts
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@chafemasterj
@ jbuck
Thanks guys
Pillar of the Community
United States
3045 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! One of my favorite modern sets.
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks hfjacinto, mine too.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1236 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice set you put together
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5215 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! Excellent set you've assembled! Definitely !

Have you been working on it for awhile?

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
01/21/2021 10:00 pm
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems. Thank you...yes, whittled away at it till I was satisfied.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17216 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to see a better picture of the 14 S proof
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd like to see a better picture of the 14 S proof

Not sure this is any better...

Bedrock of the Community
United States
17216 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes that let me see what I wanted. In the small picture it looked like it might have been the partially frosted variety. The second picture confirmed it is the normal one.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes that let me see what I wanted. In the small picture it looked like it might have been the partially frosted variety. The second picture confirmed it is the normal one.

Ah yes, the Satin Finish. Those are found on the 2005-2010 Native Americans. Also, I'm pretty sure PCGS designates them as such. There are raw coins listed on a certain auction site that will state satin finish and are outside of the 2005-2010 date range but I'll stick with the set description by PCGS. The satin finish Native American dollars are listed as a separate set, but I haven't started them (yet anyway) it consists of:

Thanks for your interest.
Edited by Nickels_rule
01/25/2021 11:39 am
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone know if the 2020 coin was released into circulation in Alaska as intended and if so, did they circulate the 5 million?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17216 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ah yes, the Satin Finish.

Not the satin finish, The frosting on the 2014 proof NA dollars was applied in two passes, one doing a frosting on the entire device and a second just on the horizontal bands on the man's and woman's clothing and the stripe on the blanket over the man's arm. You can see these have an additional contrast to the regular frosting. On one die they missed the initial frosting pass but it did get the second pass. On the coins struck from that die the figures are brilliant with no contrast to the fields but the clothing details are frosted. I have seen two specimens from that die so far and in your original image the facial areas of the figures appeared to be brilliant and not frosted. That was why I asked for the individual picture. The die frost error is not well known.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
487 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2021  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ahhh, I see now that it's a different thing altogether, I was aware of the position A and position B stuff but was unaware of those coins....so that's what they mean as "enhanced finish" eh? I know now that I won't be tackling all those Native American circulation strikes! Thanks for clearing that up Conder.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 463Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05