Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Token Identification

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 226Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  3:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Vanillie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone help me identify this token?

This token was given to me by a family member because I started collecting different currency a few years ago. After looking through a few different data bases, I believe it is a token not specifically currency. There is no date and the image is the same on both sides.

**Both sides are exactly the same

Edited by Vanillie
01/21/2021 10:40 pm
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im almost wanting to say that it could be some sort of Asian transportation token, like a bus fare. I could also be totally wrong about that also.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37642 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
95713 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4494 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Enjoy.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Australia
547 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Can you post the other side and provide diameter?

Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2454 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it's one inch in diameter, chances are that it's a pachinko token.
Learn More...
United States
18600 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep my bets are on @alganbagerap being correct.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vanillie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have added a picture of diameter to the original post. It is one inch. Both sides are the same. @alganbagerap
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vanillie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this once searching panchinko: letters different but obviously the same type...maybe just a slightly differece with different date ranges. Thank you.

Generally known as "pachinko tokens", as they are most commonly used in pachinko parlours. Pachinko is a peculiarly Japanese form of entertainment, kind of a cross between a slot machine and a pinball machine. It's computerized digital equivalent is known as "pachisuro". The tokens could have been used in either type of machine and could date from anywhere from the 1960s to the 1990s.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 226Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05