Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can Anyone Tell Me What These Are

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 442Next Topic  
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  11:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Not logical to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello I`m new to all this so I`m trying to find out what these old coins are and if they are legit? I believe they are Chinese but not 100% sure. I searched on one site about the legitimacy of them and the seem real.So I`m hoping someone can give me some incite into them. Thanks

Pillar of the Community
United States
1125 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The second coin is the best looking so it's easier to identify as Hartill 22-107 or 108 or 109 Kang Xi made about 1662.
Common to very common worth from a few dollars or up to ten if it was better.
I'll take a look to see if I can get anywhere with the others.
The top coin could be Viet Nam, but one character is too crummy to be certain. The top character can also be China, Northern Song Dynasty, but the bottom character looks like it may have too many strokes for that. If it was more clear it could very well be Viet Nam.
Edited by Albert
01/22/2021 01:05 am
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not logical to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much appreciated. I`m still learning on this stuff so all the help possible is grate. Even if they arn`t worth tons of cash they are still cool for the age factor.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1125 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the top coin could be very very old China or Viet Nam but that bottom character is just too poor to pin it down.
I will say being old does not mean valuable.
I say at the risk of being yelled at by others, that since two of your coins are corroded, if there was some way to make the characters stand out better and with more clear pictures, you could get better informaton.
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  02:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not logical to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya I looked up the Dynasty and was startled. Ya ya know the age of these coins and where they are from is cool factor enough but some value would be nice to. Yes I will get you much better pics, these have kinda been in the centre of my collection since I got them.
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not logical to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Will send this tomorrow. I tried but couldn`t get good lighting. So I will try again.
Learn More...
Australia
13555 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The top coin bears the inscription of a 2-cash coin from the Song Dynasty, Xi Ning zhong bao, or "large coin of the Xi Ning emperor". The Japanese made copies of Xi Ning coins to trade with Vietnam in the 1600s, but those trade copies have the inscription "Xi Ning tong bao" instead, so I believe yours is a genuine Song Dynasty coin. "Xi Ning" was the first reign-name of Emperor Shenzong; the Xi Ning period lasted from AD 1068 to AD 1078, so your coin is almost 1000 years old. Despite its age, it is not particularly rare or valuable - the Song Dynasty was wealthy and powerful at the time, so their coins are quite common, far more common than European coins of the same vintage.

Here's a link to the Zeno.ru database page for these coins.

The bottom coin also looks Song Dynasty in appearance, though the combination of "grass script" calligraphy and the corrosion on the coin itself makes it too hard for me to read. But I'm reasonably sure the picture is upside-down.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not logical to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hope these are better.

Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not logical to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya weird? I looked it up the other day and a guy was selling one in a bit better shape then mine for 128$ on ebay now they are at 13$ I`m new so I just like the 1000 year old coin factor and where I received it. If it has value it will just be more later on. Thanks for The feedback you answered the big question. So Thanks Again.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 442Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05