Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Help Identify This Unattributed Colonial Copper -- Very Worn

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 213Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  1:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add shantiom to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
439 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks to me like it may be a Connecticut - draped bust left -coin circa 1787. Corroded but kinda neat.
Edited by johnjkedel
01/22/2021 1:54 pm
Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
443 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lembafc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out the example below:

Pillar of the Community
United States
7627 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a bisecting die crack through the coin slightly through the I in Auctori ending around 5:00 on the obverse, I wasn't able to match it up to any variety as my Conn. Copper library is rather sparse, I have all the New Jersey and Vermont books, New York and Conn. are still on my list of to gets. Even so worn it's quite possible to ID it I think, worth doing for the fun and the knowledge, plus if it turns out to be a rare variety all the better for you!

I've started by going through what info there is at the Notre Dame Colonial Coin site https://coins.nd.edu/ but as I mentioned no match yet.

Closet one I've found is this:
https://coins.nd.edu/conn/1787/Conn...ex07.obv.jpg But I believe the bisecting crack is not quite the same and the photo on the site is of an earlier die state.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
01/22/2021 5:30 pm
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2021  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shantiom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Following up on this one, someone is interested in a trade with me at another forum, for a book on Sheldon Variety Classification. Is there a premium for this error, should it exist?
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 213Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05