Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Silver Medal Honoring President Martin Van Buren On Sale February 1

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 285Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  4:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Silver Medal Honoring President Martin Van Buren On Sale February 1
2021, February 1

US Mint - The United States Mint (Mint) will begin accepting orders for the Martin Van Buren Presidential Silver Medal on February 1 at noon EST. The medal is priced at $65.

The Department of the Treasury has a long-standing tradition of honoring each President of the United States with an official bronze medal struck by the Mint. The Mint is now replicating this series of medals in .999 percent fine silver.

This medal features Van Buren's portrait on its obverse (heads) with the inscriptions "MARTIN VAN BUREN," "PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES," and "A.D.1837." The medal's reverse (tails) features the inscription "PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP," symbolized by two hands clasped in a token of amity. On the cuff of the left wrist are three stripes and buttons, while the other wrist is bare. Above the hands, the pipe of peace and tomahawk are crossed over each other.

Moritz Furst, an early nineteenth century medallic artist, designed and sculpted the obverse. John Reich, United States Mint Assistant Engraver in the early nineteenth century, designed and sculpted the reverse.

Each medal is encapsulated and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2939 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started collecting the series back in 2018, The First and a few to follow were $39,95 each. They are a Beautiful Commemoration to the Presidential series, I just wish I could continue at the Original Asking Price, In Silver Too....... Thank You for the message about the Martin Van Buren Release......
Learn More...
United States
96228 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are still on my list to collect some day. I have the ones in the 2013-2015 Coin & Chronicles sets and I really like them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
500 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2021  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The medals are arriving already - hopefully the USPS is finally keeping up and getting quicker now.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Learn More...
United States
96228 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 285Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05