Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1920 Penny Just Love Collecting And Learning

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 525Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
57 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  7:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add biker420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
love collection yes still learning about coins but this place is helping

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14877 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm having a hard time understanding why you keep posting these Lincoln Wheat Cents that are obviously low grade detailed coins . This one looks like it was painted blue a long time ago and has since started to peal off . Value 1
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54835 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, a badly damaged and corroded common date that is worth little over face value I'm guessing.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biker420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just like collecting yes I wish it was in perfect shape but no reason to be like that I post stuff on here to get fed back on them but this negative stuff is probably why ppl don't want to be on this site
Valued Member
United States
107 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin rejector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@biker420.... Well said & you're exactly correct, there's no need for others to be rude to someone else, especially if they're just starting to get into collecting/numismatics.

If you like the coin, that's all that matters.... its 100 years old! If that coin could talk.
Edited by coin rejector
01/23/2021 7:52 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54835 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait - who has been rude in their replies on this thread?

Please tell us!
Edited by Coinfrog
01/23/2021 8:48 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11379 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you find that one in the wild? I would give it a soak in acetone.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

"If we continue to accumulate only power and not wisdom, we will surely destroy ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
Edited by spruett001
01/23/2021 8:31 pm
Valued Member
United States
107 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin rejector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Coinfrog.... the guy stated he enjoys collecting/learning, then posts a couple pics of his personal coin on a coin website & ultimately gets criticized in doing so? The vast majority of people on this site are great but there are a few that ruin it, possibly w/o even realizing they're being rude.
Edited by coin rejector
01/23/2021 8:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
1110 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey biker420, coin rejector-

T-BOP is not giving you negative stuff or being rude. He's being honest. Don't be so sensitive or emotional. You should answer his question.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54835 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the general assumption is that any poster is looking for an opinion about his coin, not just a back-slap.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3005 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An acetone visit can't hurt--give it a try.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1457 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MOS0239 I do think T-Bop came on a little strong/offensive. OP said he is new and learning. No reason to be snarky or insulting to someone who is coming in and behaving politely. That sort of treatment is only going to turn beginners away from collecting.

@Biker420 the coin is just showing environmental damage. No error or variety. Hope you'll continue to post here with questions. We were all starting out at one point, and this is a very welcoming environment for new collectors in my experience so long as you don't respond argumentatively to the information you get here (:
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
Edited by SamCoin
01/23/2021 9:26 pm
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altec12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
biker420, finding a 100 year old coin is pretty darn cool. Sure it won't bring you the same prize that the last two lotto winners received, $750,000,000. ( Do we live in a great country or what )?
I would put it in a 2 x 2 and notate where you got it. Years from now when you pull it out, hopefully it will bring a smile to your face.
That is the value..
Keep searching, and dont be afraid to post your questions, or finds. We see lots and lots of pics of coins and occasionally we might loose sight of why we enjoy sharing what we have learned to others in the hobby.
We mean no harm and it is definitely not personal.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14877 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
biker420, Sorry if I caused such a big disturbance . But by posting photos of your coins, are you not asking for our opinions ? My comments weren't meant to hurt you . I guess because I'm in this great hobby of ours for about 58 years that I have forgotten what it was like to be a newbie .But then again I had no way of showing my new found coins to anyone , there was no computers ,no internet ; Nothing but books to tell you about Coin Collecting .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1457 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@T-Bop I think the problem (as I see it) is that you didn't give your opinion of the photos, but rather of OP's decision to post the photos/what that says about her/him. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with saying "nah, just a junk coin" if that's what you think the coin is, but when you say instead "I don't understand why you keep posting these junk coins" then you're turning it into an ad-hominem attack against the person posting.
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Biker420, if you could let us know what you think the error/variety is that you are posting in the post, we can then help you with your education. If it isn't the error/variety you think, them we can also let you know how it is different from the true error/variety.

Otherwise, I think the forum has other areas if you are trying to get general info, for getting grades, or showing coins. You are taking good photos, so you have that going.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 525Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05