Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help Figuring Out This 1993 D Lincoln Cent, If Its A DDO?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 195Next Topic  

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  02:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rjayy23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
United States
37631 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a DDO. Can't think of what it is called at the moment.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2064 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure hope your memory kicks in John.

Nice separation so I'm drawing a blank on anything other than a DDO. The "separation" looks stronger over TRUST than WE.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Edited by Petespockets55
01/24/2021 08:47 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37631 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
,2000 post. Contest time
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1842 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die Deterioration Doubling. DDD is the word John1 is looking for I believe.
It's the same type of doubling as this one.
http://goccf.com/t/391404
Edited by jasper62
01/24/2021 09:32 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2064 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2000 post. Contest time?

Dooooh! You are good.
I'd say it's about time I did one. I'll have to figure one out but as slow as I am it may be in time for a #3000 post contest.

Quote:
It's the same type of doubling as this one.
http://goccf.com/t/391404

Don't think so IMHO. They are different (not just the metal composition). The one in your link is definitely DDD but the die wear is consistent off the top of each letter and with no separation. The OP's coin has separation and is greater over TRUST.

Maybe the OP can get some clearer images with light from some complementary angles?
Full obverse and reverse would be helpful as well to help determine the die state.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Edited by Petespockets55
01/24/2021 10:12 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1236 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Die Deterioration Doubling. DDD

Sure it is. It looks that way Because it is formed on the thin copper plating not a solid alloy cent. You can see the L in LIBERTY has the same affect.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 195Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05