Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 D War In The Pacific Die Crack Coming Out Of Marines Rifle.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 387Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
353 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  10:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Ok Love this coin. Looks like a die crack coming from the barrel of the rifle. Looks like he is shooting as he assaults the beach. Also Marine laying on the beach looks like he has a couple extra digits his hand on the stock of the rifle. What do ya think? Thanks all.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48815 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That mark your pointing at is incuse. So it is probably a well placed contact mark on that area.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Coop! Ok so infused is not a die crack, but would the die have put that mark there? What about the hand on the stock of the rifle? There is a die chip at the east side of his hand, but to the west side I dont really know what that is. Finally so I guess it's just a Denver .25 cent quarter?
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Incused not infuse. I was looking at the 1983 spitting eagle and looked raised. Actually most every coin like the spitting horse looks incused. Or am I wrong?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5541 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am with a contact mark/scratch as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
867 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry can't tell about extra on the hand.
If this is a crack does this part look like it also and is it complete?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2887 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a scratch to me
Pillar of the Community
1110 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with keith and Chase.
Edited by MOS0239
01/25/2021 2:30 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48815 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
1110 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its raised.
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@RobO I didn't not notice that one. Just got my other stuff in and trying to get that hooked up and check it out four you and will try to take a better pic of the hand on the stock of the rifle. I really do thank you for your time.
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok try this one for me

Oh just want to make if this or is not an extra digit ( DDR finger)?
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok try this one for me

Oh just want to make if this or is not an extra digit (finger DD)
Pillar of the Community
United States
5541 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is clearly a contact mark, you maybe looking at the sides of the scratch line where the metal has been pushed out of the trench.It's safe to let it go and spend your time and energy on another coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48815 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the last image, you can see the wave of the metal moving to a new location stacking upwards like snow being plowed. A scuff mark can make metal move and rise, but it doesn't mean it was caused by the die. Even MD move metal upwards: (Damage to the coin)

Richard S. Cooper

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 387Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05