Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dansco Coin Album #7070 What Is A Good Price For One?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 421Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  6:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have heard of some folks here trying to finish a Dansco 7070. Never heard of the before. but after looking it up it looks like a nice challenge

I have seen several on Ebay going for about $40 and still bidding to up to just over $100.

What is a good price for the album and is it worth it trying to fill one out?
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56656 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The basic Dansco 7070 album (brand new) is available on their website for just over $25. Just Google Dansco albums.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! I'll have to keep checking back on them as they are 'out of stock'
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1863 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll have to keep checking back on them as they are 'out of stock'

That's why the prices are so high - very hard to find as most internet dealers are out of stock
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say $40 is pretty reasonable and comparable to things like the Intercept Shield type album. I bought one at a coin store for $35 brand new still wrapped.

Anything over $50 and it's better to wait for another to come around.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56656 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree. If Dansco can't re-supply a money-winner for whatever reason, then I guess $40 sounds reasonable.
Learn More...
United States
99075 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The basic Dansco 7070 album (brand new) is available on their website for just over $25. Just Google Dansco albums.
Dansco does not sell albums on their website.

http://www.danscousa.com/

This is not Dansco...

https://danscoalbumstore.com

Says so right in the middle of the page...
Quote:
DanscoAlbumStore.com is not operated by the Dansco Corporation. We are US Modern Coins Inc., a direct and private distributor of their entire coin book line. Learn more about us on our about page or our FAQ page. We are proud to say that The Dansco Corporation produces 100% of their albums right here in the USA!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56656 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I clearly misunderstood what I was looking at.
Learn More...
United States
99075 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should be forgiven because that disclaimer does blend in with the other text on the page. The COVID notice stands out more.
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add regularguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Dansco 7070 album is in my opinion definitely worth the effort to fill. I have filled two of them because it is a great way to see the changes and variety of our U.S coinage. It is interesting to think that most or all of the coins represented in the album were at one time used to make daily purchases in their time period. Have fun with it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1247 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I think I will. Just waiting until the snow melts and the mail starts moving again in Chicago. Which is where my 7070 album is currently sitting and has been for about 5 days now..
Learn More...
United States
99075 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is interesting to think that most or all of the coins represented in the album were at one time used to make daily purchases in their time period.

Quote:
Just waiting until the snow melts and the mail starts moving again in Chicago. Which is where my 7070 album is currently sitting and has been for about 5 days now.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 421Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05